With the formation of the new reserve side we will be looking for some volunteers to help on reserve team matchdays. There are a number of opportunities from stewarding to kit man available, if you want some information or a chat about what roles are available please contact Kev Burke by telephoning 07928 469804
Why Volunteering is good for you:
- People who engage in altruistic activities (e.g. volunteering), report a greater sense of purpose and meaning in their lives.
- The NHS lists a number of health benefits relating to volunteering, including improved quality of life, improved ability to cope with ill health and improved self-esteem.
- Action for Happiness list ten key ingredients for a happy and fulfilling life: giving, relating, exercising, awareness, trying out, direction, resilience, emotions, acceptance and meaning. We feel confident that volunteering ticks these boxes!
- Volunteering is an opportunity to learn new skills, and can boost employment prospects.
- Volunteering can help to heal mental ill-health.