Rushden and Diamonds U21 v Bedworth United U21

Rushden and Diamonds U21    1

Bedworth United U21               3


The Greenbacks went into this game unbeaten under their new management team of Iyeseden Christie and Kev Burke.

Jack Bent was recalled to the line up after his time away with the first team, filling in at centre half for the injured Lewis Allton. Ethan Sander made his debut at right back.

Bedworth started the game well and were nearly rewarded in the 3rd minute, Warwick Hurst firing home from the edge of the box only for it to be ruled out for offside. A long ball from the resulting free kick led to a comedy of errors inside the Greenbacks box, leaving the Rushden player to smash the ball home from two yards out.

Bedworth dominated the game from then on reducing Rushden and Diamonds to long range efforts, Dan Moore pulling off an unbelievable save from one of those efforts. Cameron Dunn went close from distance as did Ethan Taylor.

Bedworth finally got level in the 39th minute through Jarro Scott. The striker found a yard of space, faked to pass and fired the ball into the bottom corner from outside of the box.

HT 1-1

The second half started as the first ended with the Greenbacks on top, Taylor forcing a fine save early on. Joseah Yassin also went close from distance.

Bedworth took the lead on 65 minutes when a ball from keeper Moore caught the opposition keeper in no man’s land outside his box, Scott stole the ball from him and calmly slotted home. Chances for Dunn, Yassin, Bent and Scott all went begging as Bedworth continued to dominate the game.

The Greenbacks finally put the game to bed in the 87th minute. Pressure from Hurst forced a mistake from the home sides defence, his pass found Josh Brown who in turn found Scott, a fine piece of skill took him away from two defenders before sliding the ball beyond the keeper for a well deserved hat trick.

FT 1-3

Team: Moore, Sander, Bent, Wells, Brown, Taylor, Dunn, Yassin, Scott, Jones, Hurst.

Subs: Kollie, Ajao, Okafor.