Match Report: Bedworth United 1-2 Boldmere St Michaels

Bedworth’s 3 game unbeaten streak came to an end as The Greenbacks fell to a 2-1 home defeat to play off chasers Boldmere St Michaels.

The first 5 minutes were spent with both sides struggling to get the ball on the ground and get control of possession. However the first bit of quality nearly resulted in a goal for the visitors. Tait-Moran found space on the left hand side, cut in and finessed his shot just past Sam Lomax’s far side post.

Bedworth had their first chance just after ten minutes. Boldmere keeper Harrison got his kick horribly wrong and the ball fell to the feet of Murphy. He struggled to capitalise immediately but held his composure to find Camwell, who’s strike was well saved and Harrison made amends to his original error.

However The Mikes took the lead on the 20th minute. A nice move down the right hand side resulted in a cross from captain Ben George, which wasn’t dealt with by the Bedworth defence and the opposite full back James Bowen smashed in the bottom corner.

But The Greenbacks weren’t behind long as Liam Murphy equalised 2 minutes later. A through ball from midfield was latched upon by Murphy who beat the offside trap, kept his composure and slotted past Harrison to make it 1-1.

Camwell stung the hands of The Mikes keeper with a curling freekick on the 30th minute, as The Greenbacks were looking to build momentum following Murphy’s equaliser.

Half Time- Bedworth United 1-1  Boldmere St Michaels

Bedworth started the better side with the majority of the possession and had an early second half appeal for a penalty turned away by the referee as Desean Martin’s cross looked to strike the hand of the Boldmere full back but no penalty was given.

Unlike the first half, goal mouth action was hard to come by in the opening 20 minutes but a brilliant double save from Sam Lomax kept the score level. Substitute and former Greenbacks striker Sanderson-Ellis struck a fierce shot from 20 yards which Lomax done well to parry, but Owen Parry followed in but Lomax was there again to deny the Boldmere number 10.

On the 82nd minute, The Mikes were awarded a penalty. Curvin Sanderson-Ellis was fouled by Josh Endall after The Greenbacks failed to deal with the long throw into the box. Andre Brown stepped up and despite Lomax going the same way, Brown slotted his penalty neatly into the bottom left corner to make it 2-1 to Boldmere.

Bedworth had a good chance to level things up late on. A long throw into The Mikes box wasn’t dealt with, Blackmore laid his header off to substitute Middleton who sliced his shot over from just inside the area.

Despite Bedworth holding their own for large parts of the game, The Greenbacks were unable to grab an equaliser and Boldmere St Michaels went away with all three points.

Full time- Bedworth United 1-2  Boldemere St Michaels



Lomax, Moore, Rowe, Parrott, Barnett, Endall, Cox (Edjenguele), Blackmore, Murphy,  Martin (Burroughs),  Camwell (Miiddleton)

Unused subs: Blythe,  Burroughs, Lockett

Attendance: 226.