MATCH REPORT: Bedworth United 1-1 Quorn

Bedworth United end the season with a stalemate 1-1 draw at home to Quorn.

The Greenbacks got off to the best possible start, taking the lead after just 5 minutes. A perfectly floated cross by Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls was headed in by Chris Cox from close range.

Chris Cox nearly doubled his tally for the afternoon soon after, the versatile player battled through the box and got his show away that Quorn keeper Charlie Woods did brilliantly to deny Cox.

Courtesy Graham had his shot cleared off the line on 20 minutes. Graham found space inside the box and got his shot away quickly but Luke Rowe was well positioned to clear away from danger.

Woods was called into action again and brilliantly denied Liam Murphy from extending The Greenbacks lead. A long ball from Chris Cox found Murphy who was bearing down on goal and got his shot away Woods got done to his left brilliantly to tip away for a corner.

Moments later Murphy should’ve scored. Determined play by Leo Stone and Liam Murphy meant the ball fell kindly into the path of Murphy who had time to pick his spot from 10 yards out but his finessed shot hit the post, but Murphy followed in on the rebound and the striker thought he finally got his goal but Woods somehow scrambled across the line to parry away.

HALF TIME: Bedworth United 1-0 Quorn

It  was a slow start to the second half with Quorn looking the more threatening of the two sides. And The Reds got their reward after 57 minutes. A dangerous corner from Jack Samples, found centre back Silvio Bello who towered above everyone to head past O’Brien to make it 1-1.

Quorn were dominating after getting it back on level terms and should have taken the lead. Tyrell Shannon-Lewis drove down the left and clipped in a cross by the byline and located the unmarked Tom Hilton, but he somehow headed over from just a few yards.

Luke Rowe came so close to scoring from a superb solo run. The left back collected the ball deep in the Bedworth half and immediately drove towards goal. He best three players before reaching the edge of the box and unleashed a shot that swirled just wide of the post.

But with the last kick of the game, The Greenbacks should have sealed all three points. A long ball from Morley played through Leo Stone, who had just the defender to beat. He drove into the box and beat the defender, slotted his shot past Charlie Woods, but the ball squirmed wide of the post and the referee blew for full time and the end of the season for Bedworth. It was great to see three youth products of the club come on and play their part, Charlie and Matt Donaldson and Dan Makitadi. The Greenback finished the season in 9th place on 51 points.

FULL TIME Bedworth United 1-1 Quorn

Starting line up:

O’Brien, Moore (C Donaldson), Rowe, Parrott, Morley, Cox, Martin, Westwood (Makitadi), Murphy, Bailey-Nicholls (M Donaldson), Stone.

Attendance: 315