MATCH REPORT: Bedworth United 0-1 Harborough Town

Bedworth’s home form continues to slump as Harborough leave The Oval with all three points. 

Harborough nearly opened the scoring in the first few minutes. A good in-swinging corner was met on the volley by captain Alex Morris but he blazed over from six yards.

The Bees cam close again from another corner. The ball was headed back across goal and The Greenbacks failed to deal with the second phase and Kai Tonge latched on the loose ball but his stab at goal was straight at Sam Lomax.

Bedworth had a good opportunity to get on the scoresheet. Some good hold up play by Kory Burke was set back to Grocott who played the ball out wide to Stone who sent the ball down the line where Luke Rowe did well to cut back to Grocott who finessed his shot just wide of the post.

A loose pass from The Bees midfielder Luca miller fell in the path of frontman Kory Burke. He lined his shot up from 25 yards and his shot just skimmed the top of the crossbar.

Bedworth were building up some momentum and played some nice football inside the Harborough half with a quick tempo. Ryan Moore sprayed the ball to the opposite full back Luke Rowe. He picked out Elliot Parrot making a late run into the box and knocked the ball past the keeper but a Harborough defender was on the line to clear away from danger.

However, despite the shift in momentum, Harborough took the lead. Another set piece caused Bedworth issues and failed to clear Jake Duffy’s free kick. Connor Kennedy flicked on to The Bees striker Paul Malone who tucked his shot away in the bottom corner to make it 0-1 on 28 minutes.

Bedworth had a glorious chance to make it 1-1 just before half time. A beautifully floated freekick from Grocott found Luke Rowe in an unfamiliar strikers position and was one on one with the keeper but James Dadge got down well to deny the full back.

Half Time- Bedworth United 0-1 Harborough Town

A quiet start to the second half in terms of chances but The Bees nearly doubled their lead on 58th minute. A deep cross from Jake Duffy swung in from the right was powerfully headed towards goal by Paul Malone but his header just looped wide.

Chances were few and far between despite the game being fairly open, with neither side being able to have the cutting edge in front of goal.

Bedworth had their first chance of the second half 75th minute, Some good interchanging play down the left from Rowe and Molyneux led to Blackmore driving down the left and his shot was tipped wide of the post by keeper Dadge.

A poor second half display from The Greenbacks was summed up due to the lack of shots on goal despite having the majority of the ball. A consecutive 1-0 defeat at home prevents Bedworth from closing the gap on league leaders Spalding.

The Greenbacks have been excellent away from home but for one reason or another cannot get a win at home. Its also 3 home games in a row without a goal so Bedworth will be hoping to end their poor home form.

The Greenbacks are back at The Oval for their next match as we take on Lye Town.

Full time- Bedworth United 0–1 Harborough Town


Bedworth: Lomax, Moore, L Rowe, Parrott, Magunda, Endall, Molyneux , Blackmore (Monteiro), Burke(Murphy) , Grocott, Stone (Spiers).

Unused subs: Blythe, Cox,

Attendance: 183