Match Report: Bedworth United 0-0 Harborough Town

Bedworth’s winless streak stretched to 9 games as The Greenbacks are held to a 0-0 draw at home to 10 men Harborough Town.

After the disappointing performance last time out against Loughborough Dynamo, The Greenbacks were looking to put things right against an in-form Harborough Town side looking to close the gap on a play off position.

After a slow start to the game, the visitors had the first real chance of the game in the 10th minute. Winger Rhys Hoenes cut in from the left and hit a shot with his stronger right foot, which flew just past the post.

With The Bees having most of the early possession, The Greenbacks tested keeper Eliott Taylor on the 15th minute. Murphy won a freekick in a dangerous area for Bedworth, new signing Chris Camwell stepped up and got his effort on target, where Taylor positioned himself well and despite spilling his catch, was quick to rectify and grabbed the ball before the onrushing Bedworth midfielder Martin.

Bedworth’s next chance came from another set piece, Camwell again the provider of the set piece. A fizzed in cross was met by Murphy who headed just past the post from 6 yards out.

The first half overall was a scrappy affair but a long-range effort nearly opened the scoring for Bedworth. Liam Lockett worked his way past a defender an played his pass off to Desean Martin, who struck the ball on the half volley but his attempt went just over the bar.

Half Time- Bedworth United 0– 0 Harborough Town

The second half started the same way the first half was played out, but on the 57th minute, the visitors were reduced to 10 men. Centre Back Rhys Kelly was given a second yellow card following a elbow to the face of Liam Murphy.

Moments later, The Greenbacks nearly capitalised on the man advantage. Murphy leaped high to win the flick on and Eliot Parrot latched on to the loose ball and lobbed keeper Taylor, the ball looked like it was heading into the back of the net but the ball bounced up and hit the bar and gave The Bees defence the opportunity to clear.

Despite being down to 10 men, Harborough almost took the lead. Arlott-John used his pace to get away from both Barnett and Rowe and rounded the Bedworth keeper Lomax, but the forward took the ball too wide and the angle for his shot was too tight and the ball went harmlessly wide.

In the 89th minute, Bedworth had a glorious chance to win the game at the death. A lovely lofted through ball from Camwell found Dunkley who ran through on goal but his shot was dragged just wide.

The game finished 0-0 and looking back at the chances Bedworth had and with the visitors down to 10 men for the last 30 minutes of the game, The Greenbacks will see that as two points dropped. The result keeps Bedworth in 15th but moved a point further away from 17th placed Dereham Town.

Full time- Bedworth United 0 – 0 Harborough Town



Lomax, Moore, Camwell, Parrott, Barnett, Rowe, Martin, Blackmore, Murphy, Bailey-Nicholls, Lockett.

Unused subs: Blythe, Dunkley, Lloyd, Sanderson.

Attendance: 171