Bedworth United v St Neots Match Report

We welcomed St Neots to the Oval this afternoon for the first game of the season. Bedworths starting line up included new signings Josh Steele, Lewis Chester, Richard Blythe and Mitch Piggon leading the attack. Other new signings Khaellem Bailey-Nicholls, Cal Templeton, Prudence Anaele and Charlie McConnachie all featured on the bench.

Bedworth started off the game very much on the front foot pressing St Neots back and not giving them time to play this led to a couple of half chances with both Rowe and Fitzharris robbing St Neots players of the ball in midfield setting up half chances for Piggon and Chester. Bedworth very much controlled the game in the first half hour winning numerous corners which they failed to capitalise on one of these corners led to the best chance of the half when a short corner caught the St Neots defence napping and Rowe delivered a ball into the box which Parrott met but saw his header narrowly miss the far post. St Neots did though test Harrison late on when a free kick from Connor was pushed wide for a corner.

Half Time Bedworth United 0 St Neots 0

The second half started much the same way as the first with Bedworth on the attack with Piggon and Troke causing havoc in the air continually winning flick ons, Chester every time he got the ball and ran at the St Neots defence caused havoc winning numerous free kicks after skipping past 2 or 3 St Neots defenders. Bedworth again were winning a lot of set pieces with Piggon and Parrott both coming close but seeing headers just go the wrong side of the post. The game in the last ten minutes got a little bit feisty with a few late tackles and time wasting antics by St Neots resulted in the referee issuing cards to both sides. St Neots offered very little goal threat until the last 5 minutes when a short corner looked like it might break Greenback hearts when the resulting cross looked like it might sail over Harrisons head but he was equal to it and tipped it over.

Final Score Bedworth United 0 St Neots 0

Man of the Match went to Lewis Chester who looked dangerous every time the ball was at his feet and St Neots had to resort to bringing him down as the only way to stop him.

ATT 211