Bedworth United V Shepshed Dynamos

The saying a game of 2 halves never summed up a game more so than yesterdays game against Shepshed Dynamos.

Bedworth started with a strong line up which included the returning Harrison in goal and the trialist McConnachie on the right hand side.

Bedworth by far started the game the better of the 2 sides keeping the ball and when they did lose it pressing hard and winning it back early Bedworth took the lead early on when a corner from the right was not cleared by the Shepshed defence came out to Josh Steel who’s low cross into the box was picked up by Sharpe who was still up from the corner who laid the ball off to Piggon who’s turn and shot beat the Shepsed keeper to put the Greens into the lead.

Bedworth continued to play the better football put in the 19th minute could have been punished when a hopeful ball from the back split the Bedworth defence and with the forward looking to get onto the end of it Harrison came quickly off his line to clear but caught the attacker to give the Shepshed a freekick in a dangerous decision.  The referee on another day may have shown red but left his cards in his pocket. Harrison though made amends with a fine save from the resulting freekick to keep Bedworths lead intact. with about 20 mins of the half left Bedworth doubled their lead when the impressive Rowe won the ball on the half way line fed McConnachie whos cross was pin point perfect for Piggon to put past the keeper with ease.

It looked like that was going to be the last of the goal scoring for the half as both teams seemed to be settling for half time with barely a minute to go though Shepshed got themselves back into the game when a Bedworth corner was defended well and the resulting clearance found the feet of the Shepshed 11 who rounded Harrison and managed from an acute angle to put the ball into the empty net.  Shepshed seemed to be buoyed by this and pushed forward again Parrott picked up a loose ball and was unceremoniously dumped onto the surface from a tackle which was definitely far from friendly as Parrott was receiving treatment the referee blew his whistle for half time.

Half time 2-1 to Bedworth apart from a couple of half chances and the goal Shepshed had really not been in the game in the first half and Bedworth had controlled most parts of it.

Halftime Bedworth United 2 – 1 Shepshed Dynamos 1

At half time Bedworth made 5 substitutions and in doing so replaced the whole midfield who had dictated the game so well in the first half

The second half started a lot scrappier with a lot of stoppages in play for silly little niggly free kicks from both sides.  For the first five minutes though it looked like normal service had resumed with Bedworth trying their best to play keep ball again but this time the passing and movement didn’t look as fast and as crisp as it did in the frist half. Shepshed saw their chance playing against the younger members of the Bedworth Squad and 10 minutes into the second half saw an equaliser due to a bit of naivety in the Bedworth defence when a through ball found the Shepshed number 11 who according to the linesman was offside he raised his flag and the Bedworth defence stopped the referee though did not agree and waved play on allowing the 11 to round Harrison and set his strike partner up for an easy tap into the goal to level the scores at 2 -2 within 3 minutes Shepshed took the lead when inside the box young Momoa Sesay made a needless tackle from behind giving away a penalty. Harrison was unlucky not to save the resulting spotkick just getting fingertips to it low and hard to his right.  This set up the last 20 minutes or so of the game as attack versus defence, unfortunately the youngsters of Bedworth were unable to break down the well organised defence although coming close a couple of times to equalise but it wasn’t to be.

After the game I caught up with Andy Penny who give us some great honest words on the game if you have not seen it please watch it below and subscribe to our You Tube Channel where we will have a lot of great insights into what is going on around The OVAL

Final Score Bedworth 2 -3 Shepshed

MoM  Ricardo Dudley great performance from Ricky who in the first half marshalled his man superbly and set Bedworth forward on many occasions